- - - - - Nintendo @Xtina Personal Animal Crossing Mario Bros

24 respuestas a este tema

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
  • País / Country: Country Flag
[Fotos+Info] Christina Aguilera jugando Nintendo Switch en casa (10/Dic/20)

Christina Aguilera publicó fotos en casa jugando en sus consolas Nintendo como parte de la promoción de los juegos Super Mario 3D All-Stars y Animal Crossing: New Horizons para Nintendo Switch.

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
Fotos HQ:

@xtina: #ad Getting cozy with the kids to play Super Mario 64 in #SuperMario3DAllStars is so nostalgic <3 Max is starting to get better than me! #NintendoSwitch @NintendoAmerica
2:07 p. m. · 10 dic. 2020·Twitter for iPhone

ZSeOdfy.jpg

xtina: #ad Currently decorating my island in #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons
This is one of my favorite ways to relax and unwind. Anyone got some ideas for my island? #NintendoSwitch @nintendo @nintendoinspired Joy-Con controllers shown sold separately
10 DE DICIEMBRE DE 2020 - Instagram

haYNp6f.jpg

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios

[Parents] Christina Aguilera Is All For Her Kids Gaming Through the Pandemic: 'It Gives Them That Interaction They Need'

kzTdYKo.jpg

By Anna Halkidis December 11, 2020

A lifelong Nintendo fan, Christina Aguilera has passed her love for video games onto her two kids. And it's been a positive tool for the entire family during the pandemic.

Between a legendary singing career and raising two kids, Christina Aguilera has always been a busy mom. Now, like many parents during the pandemic, her duties have only grown with helping her kids—Max, 12, and Summer Rain, 6—navigate remote learning and finding ways to keep them active and occupied.

How she’s finding time to unwind? Gaming. It’s a lifelong passion—she says she owned all the Nintendo systems growing up, including the original, and now enjoys playing Nintendo Switch. “For me, it’s a de-stressor for sure whenever I get even a moment with myself away from the kids,” says Aguilera, who even brings the gaming systems with her when she’s on tour.

It’s a hobby she’s passed on to her little ones too (who can forget her daughter’s Mario-themed second birthday party?). “I have an arcade in my house—we have the old-school Donkey Kong arcade, we have the Super Mario Kart setup,” says Aguilera, who teamed up with Nintendo this holiday season. “We are pretty obsessed with it.”

It’s also one of the big ways she says they've bonded while staying home during the pandemic—and even broken a sweat while playing boxing video games. “It’s good family time,” says Aguilera.

At the same time, she says it’s also giving her kids the opportunity to connect socially as they hop on and game with their friends. “In this time where they can’t literally be together and they are too young to go on forever talking on the phone, gaming is that sense that brings them together and has a common talking point,” she says. "It's a great tool and even helps kids become more social and gives them that interaction they need." Experts back that up too while research shows video games are "a major venue for the creation and maintenance of friendships."

But the singer says she does worry about screen time, which has soared for many kids du pandemicring the. “It’s all a checks and balance and there are parental controls that you can operate as a parent and make sure that you’re the boss of how much screen time they have and don’t have,” says Aguilera. “Everybody does what works for their own individual family and we find our balance with it.”

That balance comes with finding other ways to spend quality family time together, whether it’s crafting, decorating for the holidays, or going for walks with their two dogs, who are also feeling the effects of staying home. “One of our dogs has definitely put on some quarantine pounds so we are trying to get her as much exercise as we can too,” jokes Aguilera.

But her main goal as a mom is trying to keep things as fun and uplifting as possible.

“I love parenting based off of fun, interaction, making it playful, keeping it positive, and keeping the laughter going,” she says. “That’s how you got to survive through it all.”

Fuente: parents.com
Captura: https://imgur.com/a/rVL4sE4

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
Christina Aguilera hizo nuevas publicaciones en redes sociales relacionadas con Nintendo Switch pero esta vez promocionando el juego Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Xtina via Instagram Stories:

Dailymotion

Publicación en Instagram:

Fotos HQ:

xtina: #ad #NintendoSwitch has been perfect for us during the holidays to play together. The kids get pretty competitive racing in #MarioKart 8 Deluxe, but they know who always gets first place!
20 DE DICIEMBRE DE 2020 - Instagram

MsXxxDa.jpg

ZSHm5Ty.jpg

ja23gonz

ja23gonz

Genie In A Bottle

• Miembros
  • Pip
  • 1484 Comentarios

la mansion de Christina es como rara...no tiene un estilo unico..

x un lado ves estos salones espectaculares y luego tienes la entrada o su sala horrible, como si fuesen de esos sitios que escoges de todo y lo pones en un lugar

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios

xtina: holiday photo dump - stay home edition ❤❄
28 DE DICIEMBRE DE 2020 - Instagram

crftsf0.jpg

ja23gonz

ja23gonz

Genie In A Bottle

• Miembros
  • Pip
  • 1484 Comentarios

christina ya esta vieja!....tiene ese muchacho gigante!

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios

El artista de uñas Chaun Legend publicó el diseño que le hizo a Xtina para la publicidad de Nintendo.

Fotos HQ:

chaunlegend: Custom #MarioKart Press-ons for @xtina Wow These brought back so many memories I love Nintendo!!
05 DE ENERO DE 2021 - Instagram

86WlQek.jpg

ZB5i72A.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/IEPj9to

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

Que linda la Christina!!

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
Christina Aguilera se ha unido nuevamente con Nintendo para promocionar el nuevo Nintendo Switch modelo OLED.

Comercial Promo:

Xtina publicó en Instagram:

xtina: #ad Nintendo has always had a special place in my heart, and now I get to share this love with my children <3 No matter where life takes us, or how busy we all get, #NintendoSwitch always brings us back together for some quality family time. Excited to share some of our favorite games and ways to play with you all ✨
9 DE NOVIEMBRE DE 2021 - Instagram

1Sj3OnV.jpeg

carlos26

carlos26

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 401 Comentarios

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
[People] Exclusiva: Christina Aguilera habla de su pasión por los videojuegos y su vida como mamá

Por Lena Hansen / Noviembre 09, 2021

La cantante Christina Aguilera habla de su colaboración con Nintendo, de sus hijos y del momento de plenitud que vive en lo personal.

Christina Aguilera habló con People en Español sobre su amor por los videojuegos y unirse a la nueva campaña de Nintendo junto a su familia. "Estoy tan emocionada de hacer esta campaña con Nintendo y unir fuerzas", dijo la cantante. "Esto es algo que ha sido parte de mi y de mi familia por siempre. Desde que era niña, ha sido una manera de reunirme con mi familia, de crear un vínculo y de conectarnos", dice sobre los videojuegos."¡Y qué manera más divertida de escapar de los problemas del mundo real y crear nuestros propios caminos."

Esta pasión es algo que hoy comparte con su hijo adolescente Max Liron y su hija Summer Rain, de 6 años. Durante la pandemia, ellos pudieron jugar con sus amigos también a través de sus videojuegos. "Aunque no podían verse en persona [con sus amigos], aún pudieron estar activos juntos, tener algo en común, compartir risas y jugar", cuenta la famosa mamá.

También usa el Nintendo Switch—OLED Model con sus hijos cuando la acompañan en viajes por carretera durante sus giras de conciertos. "Ya mis hijos regresaron a la escuela y están emocionados con eso", relata. "Siempre aprovechamos cuando estamos en la carretera para ver cosas nuevas, hacer actividades divertidas juntos", añade. "Nos encanta ir a diferentes lugares, a museos y zoológicos y aprovechar al máximo nuestro tiempo en familia. Somos una familia grande y muy unida, siempre estamos juntos y con los perros. Ahora los parques de recreo están abiertos y mis hijos están disfrutando eso también".

iM2zPpI.jpg

La cantante también incluyó a su hermana Rachel, a quienes sus hijos conocen como la "tía Rocola", en la campaña de Nintendo y fue hermoso compartir este proyecto laboral con su familia.

"Normalmente tengo muchos roles— como [artista], performer, entertainer, como mamá. Nosotras las mamás también tenemos muchos roles, como cuidadoras y como pilar de nuestras familias", reflexiona la artista, quien se asegura de encontrar un balance entre su exigente carrera y sus compromisos familiares.

U15kOVp.jpg

La cantante recién lanzó el video musical "Pa mis muchachas" junto a Becky G, Nathy Peluso y Nicki Nicole, un himno de empoderamiento femenino. Este tema es parte de una historia de tres partes o capítulos, y un proyecto en español que lanzará en el 2022. Es su primera colección de canciones en español desde Mi reflejo. "Yo era una bebé, yo era una adolescente cuando grabé ese disco", recuerda.

Su cultura latina siempre ha estado presente, desde su niñez. "Mi papá es de Quito, Ecuador, y oíamos el idioma en la casa y la música en español, así que tiene [mucha conexión] con mi corazón y con mi alma en lo personal", dice.

Su nuevo LP en español mostrará su madurez como artista y mujer. "Ahora como mamá, después de tener una carrera de más de 20 años en esta industria, estoy tan feliz de que no lo hice antes porque vengo ahora con una perspectiva más profunda", admite. "Hay cosas que estoy abordando y diciendo, y haciendo las paces con mi pasado", dice sobre su proyecto en español, donde experimentará con diversos géneros y celebrará su amor por artistas como Chavela Vargas, ilustrando a través de sus canciones "diferentes partes de ser una mujer".

ROiIoLT.jpg

A sus 40 años, Aguilera dice estar viviendo una de las mejores etapas en su vida. La cantante agradece "estar rodeada de gente verdadera, gente que te cuida las espaldas".

Hoy dice estar consciente de lo que realmente importa. "A medida que pasa el tiempo, realmente entiendes —a medida que pasas por altas y bajas— quienes son los verdaderos protagonistas, quienes son las personas verdaderas que se quedan a tu lado pase lo que pase, y que realmente te entienden. Eso es muy importante", reconoce. "Este negocio viene con tantas capas de tantas cosas. En cierto punto de mi vida casi le tenía miedo a la fama porque sacaba tanta fealdad en la gente, y con el tiempo puedes descubrir quienes son los de verdad".

CUqjKNw.jpg

Al celebrar sus 40 años el año pasado —con una serenata de mariachis— la cantante dice que se sintió agradecida de ver tantos rostros queridos a su alrededor. "Estoy realmente agradecida por las personas que me rodean, por mis hijos, por la ayuda de mi familia", concluye. "La felicidad está en las pequeñas cosas".

Fuente: peopleenespanol.com

Pegaso-Seiya

Pegaso-Seiya

Blank Page

• Miembros
  • 444 Comentarios
Se inspira en Chavela Vargas?

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios
[Elle] Christina Aguilera On Her Favorite Nintendo Switch Games And Making Her New Spanish Album

BY ALYSSA BAILEY / NOV 9, 2021

The new Nintendo ambassador opens up about her family's love of gaming and what to expect from her new Spanish album.

CDhPQb9.jpg

For decades, Christina Aguilera has been a Nintendo fan, from her childhood days playing the original NES to her experience now playing the company's latest gaming system, the Nintendo Switch, with her 13-year-old son Max and 7-year-old daughter Summer. This holiday, the singer is joining the company as its newest ambassador—and in a very special moment for her family, her kids Summer, Max, and her sister Rachel Aguilera are part of the campaign, too.

As Aguilera explained to ELLE.com of the partnership, Nintendo and gaming in general have “been such an integral part of my whole life that it's no secret to me and my family.

Playing the games with her siblings over the years, “we couldn't wait to see each other for the weekends because we could all join in and take turns or compete against each other. And in those moments, you really get a moment to connect like no other way.

RvnZT0L.jpg

Aguilera has a lot of history with Nintendo: “I was playing the Nintendo NES [the company's first gaming system in North America, which came out in 1985], and I think that was the first one where you had your Marios, your Donkey Kongs,” she recalled of her first memories. “So I go way back, and honestly, to this day, you can still find some gaming systems. I literally have the arcade games too in my house, so that's what a diehard fan I am of Nintendo.

She added that having Max and Summer shoot the campaign with her was a “dream” opportunity but a decision she didn't take lightly: “I'm very choosy with how I share my workspace with my kids, but it was such a no brainer and dream come true to be able to involve my kids in something that's just truly authentic to my family,” she said. “And to be [handing] this down now to a new generation, my son is now better than me, so he's taking the reins, but it's so beautiful to be able to do something that's not even work, it's just all play.

Here, Aguilera takes ELLE.com through her and her family's favorite Nintendo Switch games and her experience shooting the campaign with them.

She wasn't all games though: The singer also shared a bit with ELLE.com about her upcoming Spanish album that she wanted to make for two decades. “I could cry about it knowing that it's finally about to be heard by my fans and the world,Aguilera said of the project.

pjjfrda.jpg

On her family's favorite Nintendo Switch games

MARIO KART 8 DELUXE AND MARIO PARTY

I mean, as a family, how can you not love Mario Kart, and now they have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which we just tried out during the campaign, and we had a blast. My favorite character is Pink Gold Peach, and I love to put her on a motorbike. My daughter likes Rosalina. But old school, me and my sister have always loved the silliness of Wario and Waluigi. So even to this day, when we do a Mario Party or something, we do a couples challenge to Mario Party.

skpYphv.jpg
MARIO KART 8 DELUXE $59.88
SHOP NOW

0bbryZL.jpg
MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARS $59.99
SHOP NOW

POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS

[While shooting the campaign], my daughter was able to fall in love with a new game. We had a brief moment to [try out] Pokemon Legends: Arceus [due out January 28, 2022]. It's so gorgeous, the graphics and the setting that you get to explore in, so she was loving that so much, she wouldn't give me a turn. But that was on set and yeah, it's just such a great way for your family to connect.

W0oMsqu.jpg
POKÉMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS $59.99
SHOP NOW

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS

We do like the Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It's really fun. It's a little easier to gather and put together your world, so I actually like having more elaborate conversations and catching up to that game because it's not as intense as say a Mario Kart.

IEOdYd2.jpg
ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS $56.85
SHOP NOW

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY

Over the pandemic, me and my daughter, we loved Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. For this particular game, you get to literally turn into a gold cat and climb the walls. So for that in particular, it was a really fun element that I think was added to the Mario superpowers, and we had so much fun collecting all the cat faces.

G4dzYxz.jpg
SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY $59.99
SHOP NOW

BIG BRAIN ACADEMY: BRAIN VS. BRAIN

A new game that I did love that we played a little bit during the campaign was the Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain [out December 3, 2021]. What I love about this game is that you can all play together so it was me, my daughter, and my son, and he's 13, she just turned seven, I'm 40, and literally you can set up the gameplay skill level to whatever their age range is and whatever they're comfortable with while playing at the same time. So on the screen, you see all three of us get our own specific games according to our setting and our skill level, so that's something that's great together. It doesn't have to be just one game, one at a time, one playing, we can all compete at the same time with our own skill level. So that I thought was really clever and really smart to do, and my kids really, really loved it.

L8dBT18.jpg
BIG BRAIN ACADEMY: BRAIN VS. BRAIN $29.99
SHOP NOW

On her favorite Nintendo character:

It depends on the game, to be honest. Again, the Mario Partys and the Mario Karts, me and my sister have always enjoyed in the past going as the brother kind of characters, and I'm Wario, she's Waluigi. We love to do the voices. They get really silly. So we definitely love those. But now with the new characters that are out, I do love Pink Gold Peach, she's one of my favorites, Rosalina, and yeah, they're like metal kind of characters and they're really cool.

OTq0gnB.jpg

On her best behind the scenes story from her family's Nintendo campaign:

It was really fun in particular because the director was so sweet. He was really great in helping me and my kids feel comfortable since I don't really involve them in my work world. Those are very separate places that I make sure there are boundaries set, but it was so welcoming and so warm on set the way the director sort of explained things, and then I would kind of reexplain it in a way that they kind of understand.

It was definitely a whole family affair of everyone working together as a team and making sure the kids are comfortable. And me and my sister made a joke that we have to really tone down our sense of humor because our silly voices and our inside jokes, not everyone is going to get from childhood while playing certain games, but we were still able to sort of come together and have fun and do what we do when we get to join together on weekends and make it a competitive family affair.

pgpRqWp.jpg

And on her upcoming Spanish album and what fans can look forward to from the project:

This has been a project that I've wanted to do for the past 20 plus years. I recorded my first Spanish album Mi Reflejo when I was still in my teens, so still a baby, and it'd been something that I'd wanted to follow up with for a very long time, but it had to be the right time. And I'm so happy that it actually didn't come sooner than now because I was really able after the pandemic to dive head first into doing it with full time and attention, off of the road, with any other distractions.

And now coming from a place where I wear so many hats, I've had such an amazing career since that debut album. I'm a mother, and I juggle that while being a performer, but I'm getting to see everything with a deeper lens and a new perspective, not only for my kids and introducing this world to them on this level, showing them that even though this isn't mommy's first language, this is a part of your history. This is a part of your background. My dad's from Ecuador, and I grew up hearing the language, but my kids didn't really get that growing up.

So this is really important for me to then show them a piece of their roots and the fact that even though it's a challenge for mommy, I'm stepping up to the plate because it's an important part of us and our family. And there's no nothing like Latin love. I went to Miami and dove right into the most amazing creative world of writers and musicians and producers from all over the world who came together to put together this beautiful body of work. We came out of it with so many amazing songs that I'm going to be releasing it in three different chapters well into the year 2022. And yeah, it's just been a complete labor of love.

I could cry about it knowing that it's finally about to be heard by my fans and the world, and I'm definitely diving into my past, singing and writing from a perspective of making peace with certain things from my child[hood]. So yes, getting to dig deeper this time around and from the perspective of a grown woman, who's had many lessons and different things I've learned through the years. So it will all be released, different inspiration of mine in including Chavela Vargas, who's been a huge vocal inspiration to me. So you'll see elements of that come to fruition in the months to come.

Fuente: elle.com

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios

[Harpers Bazaar] Christina Aguilera Isn't Afraid of Reinvention

BY BIANCA BETANCOURT / NOV 9 2021, 12:00 PM EST

The Grammy-winning pop star talks new music, family, and her partnership with Nintendo.

fstfvpD.jpg

Christina Aguilera is always up for a challenge.

The Grammy-winning singer is no stranger to the art of reinvention, having reintroduced herself multiple times throughout her two-decade music career. Who can forget when she first appeared on the scene with "Genie in a Bottle" sporting a cropped denim jacket and matching capris, or those conversation-starting leather chaps during her Stripped era, or even the Old Hollywood–inspired glamour of Back to Basics? Now, in 2021, Aguilera's new music is all about embracing her Latina roots—her latest single, "Pa Mis Muchachas" is modern, Cuban-inspired guaracha that enlists the help of Nicki Nicole, Becky G, and Nathy Peluso to create an empowering Spanish-language track.

"I was a teenager when I released my first Spanish album. That was 20-plus years ago, and I'd been wanting to make a follow-up record literally ever since, but I really wanted to make sure it was done at the right time with the right people," Aguilera tells BAZAAR.com. "I take it very seriously. It's a part of my childhood growing up, hearing the language. My mom spoke Spanish fluently; my dad's from Quito, Ecuador. It was something that was very much a part of my childhood—the music playing around the house. So I wanted to dive in headfirst and truly engross myself in the whole experience and being around different writers from all over the world. There's truly nothing like Latin love and Latin music—the way it makes you feel so alive and the passion involved."

Creating Spanish-language music again was not just a way for Aguilera to honor her own childhood, but also to educate her children on their heritage. "Spanish may not be my first language, but it's in my soul and part of my heart and my roots and my background. Now, as a mother, I see it through such different eyes," the singer shares. "Even my kids just seeing me in the studio, challenging myself and making sure that the details are so right and that it's authentic to me and respecting the music … it's important for me to show them that Mommy doesn't back down from a challenge. Not everything's going to come easy, but I'm passionate about it, and this is a part of who we are."

New music isn't the only project Aguilera is sharing with her family; she's also starring in a new Nintendo campaign with her kids. "I'm very particular what I do with my kids as far as involving them with different work aspects of my life," she says. "But this is clearly not work. This is fun for the whole family, and the Nintendo family has been amazing. When we did our campaign, everyone from the director to the crew just made it very comfortable for my kids, and it all spoke authentically to what we do together and how we enjoy our time."

Playing video games together lets her bond with her children, whether at home or on the road. "The Nintendo Switch in particular is truly great, because I have to do a lot of traveling, and it's something that you can just pick right up and take on the road with you. If my kids can't make it with me on tours, we can always gameplay together and connect and create these worlds together."

3qZP1on.jpg

Aguilera continues, "[Gaming] really just eases my mind. It's a great way to escape and also challenge myself, and it's always been a tool that I use to decompress. I carry so much on my plate. I wear many different hats as a mom, as an entertainer, as a performer, and it can be overwhelming sometimes. It's been very therapeutic to give myself that mental break."

As 2022 looms, the pop star promises that more music is on the way. "The [new] music will be released over the course of pretty much three different chapters, kind of like small albums well into 2022," the singer says. "It tells a story. It dives into elements of my childhood and is making certain peace with my past. And there's more collaborations to come! It's been a labor of love. I can cry talking about it and knowing that it's finally going to be released to the world."

For Aguilera, this new era of music means embracing experimentation—and full creative control—over the musical narrative she wants to share. "There's so much to be grateful for. Of course, you want [past projects] to be successful, but it truly wasn't my main priority [this time around]," Aguilera says. "It was more interesting for me to continue to evolve and challenge myself, and grow and experiment with different sounds and textures. I've never wanted to make the same album over again. And no matter what people thought about it, it was so important to me that at the end of the day, I created a body of work that you can look back on and appreciate for the experimental value of it."

Beyond sharing her thoughts on her future music with us, Aguilera also reflects on the past. "Fame brings out a lot of ugliness in people around you. You learn that the hard way at a very young age," she shares. "I'm living in a more fearless time of my life where I truly am embracing everything that's authentic to me, but with a new perspective. As you get older, you care less what other people think, because you're more grounded in who you are."

"I turned 40 last year, and I was so overwhelmed by the love that I had around me. It's really apparent who are the people that are going to be your backbone through anything. So I'm proud of that more than anything—to have such a beautiful family, friends, and family that are such a support to me."

Fuente: harpersbazaar.com

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 10119 Comentarios

[InStyle] Christina Aguilera Loves '00s Nostalgia and an Underboob Moment

By Christopher Luu / Nov 09, 2021 @ 12:00 pm

Her latest collaboration is right in line with the return of low-rise jeans, and she hopes it'll help her "show every side" of herself.

3lIzzf4.jpg

She sings. She acts. She ... games? Under all the gloss and over-the-top glamour, Christina Aguilera says that she still goes back to something she's done since she was a kid that may surprise longtime Xtina die-hards: fire up her Nintendo to kick back and connect with her family. As one of the gaming giant's newly minted spokespeople, Aguilera tells InStyle that the partnership shouldn't raise any eyebrows to anyone who knows her. Nintendo and its iconic cast of characters have been with her since before she was a genie in a bottle or a corset-clad member of the "Lady Marmalade" quartet.

Like many people, Aguilera started with the OG Nintendo NES system in the '90s, saying that the original console was as much a part of her childhood as her time on The Mickey Mouse Club.

"I remember truly just falling in love with the fact that you could compete with yourself, compete with others. It was something that me and my stepbrother and stepsister loved to do," Aguilera says. "We would anticipate them coming over so we could all gather around and take turns, even though I was definitely the biggest hog of it all. I was the oldest. I love having that be a part of my life and a part of my childhood and a part of our residual jokes inside the family."

Now, Nintendo has an almost infinite number of options for gamers of all kinds, but Aguilera says she's still obsessed with playing the games she loved as a kid — and shares them with her own children — like Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart. What has changed, however, is how Nintendo has changed its most memorable titles to adapt with the times without losing their spirit. It's something that Aguilera connects with not only as an artist shifting from Stripped to Bionic and beyond, but as a woman.

"Well, they've come a long way, I have to say. They've evolved over the years. Now, you get your choice of a bunch of female characters. I know as they were progressing, you got to actually play as Peach," Aguilera says. "As it evolved now with Mario Kart and now you have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you get such a gamut of different options and players, but Pink Gold Peach is amazing. She has a really cool look, so that's one of my favorites."

Her go-to character may surprise anyone familiar with her brand of femininity: She prefers to play as villain Wario, while her sister, who also features in the new Nintendo campaign, plays as Waluigi — though nostalgia comes into play there, too.

"When me and my sister get together for Mario Party or Mario Kart, we definitely make sure that we keep it really silly," she says. "We have so much fun with that because their character voices are so hilarious."

Using her game time now to connect with her kids is something she's proud of, adding that she can and her two kids (son Max and daughter Summer) play together, even if they can't physically be together.

"The Nintendo Switch OLED has been a great resource and tool whenever we can't always spend time together to be able to play each other and game," she says. "It's something that you can take with you, either on a TV set or you can take it to travel and so we can check in with each other, we can have conversations as we play."

ul7Zi0O.jpg

And while images of Mario Kart's banana peels and killer Chain Chomps may bring back memories, Aguilera's signature "Dirrty" chaps and crisscross top or her pin-up days circa "Candyman" can bring on a whole different wave of feels. She knows fans — including Kylie Jenner and Dua Lipa — can't get enough of those iconic looks and she's proud of every single one. In true Xtina fashion, there's not a single regret.

"I know low rise is coming back and the under-the-boob moments are coming back strong. It is really nice to look back and to recognize a lot of these moments. I know many female artists go through this, but sometimes we get heat for doing certain things, or not everyone gets it," she says. "But when you do things that truly stand the test of time and become these iconic moments — I mean, I love looking at that and seeing that I spread some joy in people's lives in that way and being fashion-forward and experimental. I was never afraid to be myself and to express myself the way I really felt as an artist, and so it's awesome to see a new generation enjoy the fashion."

For anyone looking to find the Xtina to their Christina — or the Metal Peach to their Princess Peach — Aguilera says all it takes is the willingness to embrace individuality and keep things honest.

"I can only do what truly feels authentic to me. I was never good at faking anything and looking at others who kind of played the game, per se, to try and win people over. It's very transparent to me when something doesn't feel authentic," she says. "And I think now more than ever in my life, it's important to truly show every side of myself, as a woman, the woman that I've become, the mom that I am with my children, and things that we like to do."

Fuente: instyle.com

También etiquetados con una o más de estas palabras clave: Nintendo, @Xtina, Personal, Animal Crossing, Mario Bros

0 usuarios están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 0 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos