• Conéctese para comentar
9 respuestas a este tema

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios
  • País / Country: Country Flag

La canción Lady Marmalade interpretada por Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya y Pink para la banda sonora de la película Moulin Rouge, hoy cumple 20 años desde su lanzamiento en el 2001. 

Xtina ha publicado en redes sociales celebrando el 20 aniversario y ha invitado a sus seguidores a que le envíen material utilizando el audio publicado por ella en Reels. Ella los estará publicando en redes sociales.

xtina: Happy Anniversary, Lady Marmalade <3 <3
27 DE MARZO DE 2021 - Instagram / Twitter

xtina: <3 Lady Marmalade <3 tag me in your videos using this sound - I’ll be watching & resharing!
27 DE MARZO DE 2021 - Instagram

ja23gonz

ja23gonz

Genie In A Bottle

• Miembros
  • Pip
  • 1289 Comentarios

una de las mejores colaboraciones de la historia definitvamente!!! y tambien de las mejores actuaciones vocales de Christina en su historia...es epica su intervencion alli!!! 

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios

Missy Elliott, Mya y Pink publicaron ese día en sus redes sociales:

23YBzyD.jpg

ja23gonz

ja23gonz

Genie In A Bottle

• Miembros
  • Pip
  • 1289 Comentarios

que fino hubiese sido un reencuentro entre todas!

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios
Cercanos a Xtina que publicaron ese día por los 20 años de Lady Marmalade:

PW8EEPr.jpg tbBmWHU.jpg

mqCaYa4.jpg moucGlo.jpg

P1XTZhK.jpg sn1Lqvq.jpg

Del equipo con quienes trabajó en Miami:

ZwQbNn6.jpg neoDn4W.jpg

Otros:

5Pdc4xu.jpg 9HNEwLF.jpg

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios
Por los 20 años de Lady Marmalade, Billboard entrevistó a varios involucrados (Xtina incluida) en este proyecto para reconstruir la historia. Missy Elliott, Pink y Lil' Kim, se negaron a ser entrevistadas para este artículo.

[Billboard] Magic in the Chaos: How Christina Aguilera, Mya, Baz Luhrmann & More Revived ‘Lady Marmalade’

i8vBjlU.jpg

by Hilary Hughes / April 06, 2021, 12:11pm EDT

Baz Luhrmann knew that he needed a pop supergroup to sing the signature song for his gamble of a movie-musical. He didn’t know it would take on a life of its own.

Baz Luhrmann was driving through Los Angeles when he heard Christina Aguilera belt the bridge of “Lady Marmalade” on the radio for the first time. It was the spring of 2001, and this version -- produced by Missy Elliott, and featuring the staggering pop/rap supergroup of Mya, P!nk, Lil Kim, and Aguilera -- had been playing on a loop in the head of the Australian director since he popped into the studio while they were recording it.

The hook, “voulez-vous couchez avec mois ce soir?,” was delivered in French, but universally understood thanks to the largesse of the original: first released by R&B trio Labelle in 1974, “Lady Marmalade” was an ode to a New Orleanian prostitute that seduced listeners with an unforgettable proposition -- in English, do you want to sleep with me tonight? -- and an iconic bass line that propelled it to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Later that day, Luhrmann pulled up to the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood, and Aguilera’s same high notes came blasting out the windows of a car rolling down Sunset Boulevard. He then flew to France to attend the 2001 Cannes Film Festival, where his third feature, a jukebox musical starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor called Moulin Rouge!, was set to premiere. By then, “Lady Marmalade,” Moulin Rouge!’s signature song, was inescapable -- and the movie it was recorded for hadn’t even hit theaters yet.

Spoiler

Fuente: billboard.com

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios
Rolling Stone publicó un articulo detallado por los 20 años de Lady Marmalade.

[Rolling Stone] ‘Lady Marmalade’: Inside the Vampy, Gossip-Fueling ‘Moulin Rouge’ Remake, 20 Years Later

How Missy Elliott, producer Ron Fair and “four badass chicks from the Moulin Rouge” created a Number One smash that couldn’t be recaptured today

7GiFkss.jpg

By MATTHEW JACOBS / APRIL 7, 2021 1:51PM ET

In early 2001, newly appointed A&M Records president Ron Fair was summoned to a meeting with Baz Luhrmann. Fair had produced several hit soundtracks, including Pretty Woman and Reality Bites, and Luhrmann was riding high after the crossover success of 1996’s Romeo + Juliet. Preparing for the release of Moulin Rouge!, the director wanted to commission a cover of Labelle’s “Lady Marmalade” that would unite a handful of A-list pop divas and lend the movie a smash single. Fair’s boss, Jimmy Iovine, tasked him with bringing it to life.

“It had plutonium magic dust from the second the record started,” Fair says 20 years later.

Luhrmann enlisted Missy Elliott, mere weeks away from releasing “Get Ur Freak On,” to produce the track. “When I hung up, I was like, ‘Oh snap, what did I just OK?’ ” Elliott tells Rolling Stone. “And I thought about it because that record is so iconic, and so the pressure kicked in.” She recruited assistance from her pal Rockwilder, best known as a producer for Redman, Jay-Z, and Janet Jackson.

Mya, who was signed to Iovine’s Interscope label, was the first singer to come aboard, according to Fair, who then drafted his prized mentee Christina Aguilera. Before he knew it, Lil’ Kim and relative newcomer Pink rounded out the lineup, creating the most exciting multicultural partnership since Aerosmith and Run D.M.C. joined forces for “Walk This Way.”

Spoiler

Fuente: rollingstone.com

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios

[Cosmopolitan] A Very Juicy Oral History of “Lady Marmalade”

Including and especially its iconic music video, which debuted 20 freaking years ago (I know).

HXc2rVr.jpg

by BRENNAN CARLEY / MAR 26, 2021

Cue a sepia-toned montage of you, keeping MTV on in the background *just in case* the song came on, cranking the volume whenever it did, and asking Jeeves for the translation of “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?” so you could cheekily work it into an AIM away message. Because this wasn’t just a song from the movie Moulin Rouge! or a cover of Patti LaBelle’s 1974 classic. It was A Moment—with big hair, bigger voices, and even bigger personalities—that was really about power. More specifically, about women (in this case, the lingerie-clad, jewel-covered Mýa, Lil’ Kim, Pink, and Christina Aguilera) reclaiming their power as unapologetically sexual beings. The groundbreaking collab become a viral hit before viral hits were even a thing and is still going strong, btw—“Lady Marmalade” has 384 million YouTube views and counting, artists and the internet alike continue to pitch dream castings for a(nother) remake, and, yeah, it’s probably stuck in your head right now.

When Patti LaBelle originally recorded “Lady Marmalade” with her girl group Labelle in 1974, “we knew right away it was a hit,” she tells Cosmo. (She was right: It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, stayed on the charts for 18 weeks, and helped tee Patti up for a decades-long solo career.) So this time around, when Baz Luhrmann’s big-budget Oscar-bait film was on the hunt for a standout song, record label exec Ron Fair and producers Missy Elliott and Rockwilder had huge shoes to fill. Failure to repeat the original chart-topper’s success was not an option.

Spoiler

Fuente: cosmopolitan.com
https://imgur.com/a/AUUaNXs

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios

[Vogue] Christina Aguilera on the Sound and Style of the “Lady Marmalade” Video, 20 Years Later

Zysgrse.jpg

BY LIAM HESS / March 29, 2021

At the beginning of the video for the 2001 cover of “Lady Marmalade,” Missy Elliott stands before a red velvet curtain, welcoming you to the Moulin Rouge and revealing the night’s entertainment: Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lil’ Kim, and Mýa, all ready to take you on a rollercoaster ride of gaudy burlesque style. (Think rhinestone-studded lingerie, glittering costume jewelry, corsets, lace-up boots, top hats, wigs in every color of the rainbow, and more fishnets than you can shake a stick at.) The now-iconic video is a who’s who of early-’00s pop and R&B royalty at the height of their powers, all anchored by that deliciously cheeky earworm of a refrain: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

Already a fan of Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet, when Christina Aguilera first caught wind of the song’s re-recording for Moulin Rouge!, she revisited Patti LaBelle’s original and fell for its timeless appeal all over again. “I mean, it’s just a classic from the moment you hear that hook,” Aguilera remembers. “Patti LaBelle on that record killed it.” And after signing on and receiving the backing track for the revamped version by Missy Elliott and coproducer Rockwilder—which took the disco classic and gave it a hip-hop twist with the help of finger clicks and a thunderous bassline—it was love at first listen. “As soon as you heard that bass, it just hit hard,” Aguilera says. “You could feel the magic and the energy of this record, it was undeniable.”

The next step was to lay down the artists’ individual verses. “We each brought our own interpretations to the table and then just blew it out of water,” Aguilera continues. Yet while all of Aguilera’s collaborators had a unique spin on the song, from Lil’ Kim’s playful rap paying tribute to “four badass chicks from the Moulin Rouge” to Pink’s verse that drips with her signature raspy, punk-inflected attitude, Aguilera’s high notes and melisma at the climax still serves as the song’s most jaw-dropping moment. “It was the first time I was able to sing the way I love to sing,” Aguilera recalls. “I got to really let loose creatively, sing vocals that I truly loved and believed in. I could belt and do my ad-libs and my runs and be as soulful as I wanted to be. I got to have fun.”

Spoiler

Fuente: vogue.com

JefferXon

JefferXon

Administrator

• Administradores
  • 8990 Comentarios

[iHeart Radio] 20 Years Later, The Early Aughts Cover Of 'Lady Marmalade' Still Hits

Zth52ZE.png

By James Dinh / March 26, 2021

When the LaBelles released "Lady Marmalade" in 1974, frontwoman Patti LaBelle apparently had no idea of the explicit nature behind the song's French catcall, "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" Inspired by New Orleans sex workers, the track became one of her biggest hits, but it goes without saying, that the all-star line-up comprising of Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lil' Kim, Mya and Missy Elliott was all too aware of the raunch of the coming out party when they were recorded their rendition of the song in 2001.

"Lady Marmalade" has been covered by dozens of acts in the years since the LaBelles' release, but none of the renditions have made the kind of noise that the Elliott and Rockwilder-produced cover had and that included a stamp of approval from LaBelle herself. The Grammy-award winning smash, which served as the lead single to the soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge!, went on to reign supreme on the Billboard Hot 100 for nine weeks, a feat that was toppled only a decade later by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX's "Fancy."

In honor of its 20-year anniversary, iHeartRadio is revisiting the iconic track and its accompanying music video by digging through the archives and speaking with some of the creators behind its release. Scroll on below to learn a few fun fact facts about the song and Paul Hunter-directed clip.

Spoiler

Fuente: iheart.com

También etiquetados con una o más de estas palabras clave: Lady Marmalade

0 usuarios están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 0 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos